We’ve all been there. You’ve got a girlfriend or boyfriend who’s dumber than a can of paint, but the sex is so good you just can’t seem to let ‘em go. Well J Cole can relate. Having apparently recovered from his Heartache, the North Carolina native is back with his previously leaked, now officially mastered debut single Lights Please. While a bass-thumping beat from producer The Jam bumps in the background, J Cole shows that he’s just as comfortable spitting sexual obscenities as he is dropping clever wordplay (his “She gave a ni**a mad brain, something like The Wiz” line had me laughing out loud). Fans will have to wait a while to find out if that kind of versatility behind the mic will translate into sales. J Cole’s as-yet untitled debut album is currently slated to drop next summer as part of Hova’s new Roc Nation movement.
Listen to More: J. Cole Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!