We’ve all been there. You’ve got a girlfriend or boyfriend who’s dumber than a can of paint, but the sex is so good you just can’t seem to let ‘em go. Well J Cole can relate. Having apparently recovered from his Heartache, the North Carolina native is back with his previously leaked, now officially mastered debut single Lights Please. While a bass-thumping beat from producer The Jam bumps in the background, J Cole shows that he’s just as comfortable spitting sexual obscenities as he is dropping clever wordplay (his “She gave a ni**a mad brain, something like The Wiz” line had me laughing out loud). Fans will have to wait a while to find out if that kind of versatility behind the mic will translate into sales. J Cole’s as-yet untitled debut album is currently slated to drop next summer as part of Hova’s new Roc Nation movement.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grown Simba" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.