Up-and-coming beatsmith J. Cardim, first spotted in the Booth on underground rapper Affiliate‘s Dope Boy for Real, dropped his street debut, Your Favorite Rapper’s Favorite Producer, just last week via Amalgam Digital. Don’t Play With My Dough, included as a bonus track on the DJ Envy-hosted mixtape, is a paper-stacking anthem on which Cardim teams up with three Booth-approved emcees. Clicking percussion and staccato synth stabs, along with a nigh-incomprehensible vocal hook, set the stage for money-hungry verses from Red Cafe, Wale, and MIMS; although the subject matter is a little stale, the collaborators provide plenty of quotable lines – Wale creatively spits “I make them n*ggas see like beta carotene,” and MIMS claims, “I could sell a mouse to an elephant.” The witty braggadocio on display here makes PWMD an enjoyable listen, and Cardim’s production skills are sure to net him plenty of dough in ‘09.
Written by richard on 02/3/09
Submit your Rating
Dice Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boy For Real ft. Sheek Louch & J. Cardim" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.