Up-and-coming beatsmith J. Cardim, first spotted in the Booth on underground rapper Affiliate‘s Dope Boy for Real, dropped his street debut, Your Favorite Rapper’s Favorite Producer, just last week via Amalgam Digital. Don’t Play With My Dough, included as a bonus track on the DJ Envy-hosted mixtape, is a paper-stacking anthem on which Cardim teams up with three Booth-approved emcees. Clicking percussion and staccato synth stabs, along with a nigh-incomprehensible vocal hook, set the stage for money-hungry verses from Red Cafe, Wale, and MIMS; although the subject matter is a little stale, the collaborators provide plenty of quotable lines – Wale creatively spits “I make them n*ggas see like beta carotene,” and MIMS claims, “I could sell a mouse to an elephant.” The witty braggadocio on display here makes PWMD an enjoyable listen, and Cardim’s production skills are sure to net him plenty of dough in ‘09.
Dice Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boy For Real ft. Sheek Louch & J. Cardim" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!