Up-and-coming beatsmith J. Cardim, first spotted in the Booth on underground rapper Affiliate‘s Dope Boy for Real, dropped his street debut, Your Favorite Rapper’s Favorite Producer, just last week via Amalgam Digital. Don’t Play With My Dough, included as a bonus track on the DJ Envy-hosted mixtape, is a paper-stacking anthem on which Cardim teams up with three Booth-approved emcees. Clicking percussion and staccato synth stabs, along with a nigh-incomprehensible vocal hook, set the stage for money-hungry verses from Red Cafe, Wale, and MIMS; although the subject matter is a little stale, the collaborators provide plenty of quotable lines – Wale creatively spits “I make them n*ggas see like beta carotene,” and MIMS claims, “I could sell a mouse to an elephant.” The witty braggadocio on display here makes PWMD an enjoyable listen, and Cardim’s production skills are sure to net him plenty of dough in ‘09.
Written by richard on 02/3/09
Submit your Rating
Dice Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boy For Real ft. Sheek Louch & J. Cardim" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.