“Hustling,” whether legit or illegal, is a favorite topic of almost all urban artists. How the money is spent is where the gap widens—while many blow their cash on frivolous luxuries, the more mature-minded take their currency where it’s needed, using it to support their families or communities. J. Blue, for one, is motivated by his woman; on his latest single, he lets her know “Im Ya Hustla,” and promises to work overtime to provide all that she desires. Though Blue’s technically an R&B artist, this track holds equal appeal for the hip-hop demographic; Rick Ross’ two verses and outro mesh perfectly with Tank‘s bass-heavy beat (never thought I’d be using “Tank” and “bass-heavy” in the same sentence). The Blue Book: From The Block To The Bed might not have a solid release date yet, but this track suggests that, once it does hit stores, the LP will be a solid investment for listeners on both the hip-hop and R&B ends of the urban music spectrum.
Written by Burmy on 07/20/09
NeXlyfe /Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey ft. Snoop Dogg" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.