When one’s pathway to success is strewn with heartache, lies and even a couple bodies, it’s only natural to look back and wonder, “Was It Worth It?.” J The S’ latest effort finds him pondering that very question, lacing M-Phazes’ deceptively gentle boardwork with rhymes about the steep price of success. Featuring guest bars from The Greater Good and a tuneful chorus by singer Annie Lee, this joint won’t be appearing on J the S’ The Last Days LP (scheduled for release at the top of 2012), but it should only leave fans more amped to hear what did make the final cut.
Written by richard on 10/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.