When one’s pathway to success is strewn with heartache, lies and even a couple bodies, it’s only natural to look back and wonder, “Was It Worth It?.” J The S’ latest effort finds him pondering that very question, lacing M-Phazes’ deceptively gentle boardwork with rhymes about the steep price of success. Featuring guest bars from The Greater Good and a tuneful chorus by singer Annie Lee, this joint won’t be appearing on J the S’ The Last Days LP (scheduled for release at the top of 2012), but it should only leave fans more amped to hear what did make the final cut.
Written by richard on 10/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.