While hip-hop is certainly alive and kicking, it’s undeniable that the genre’s gone through changes over the years. On unreleased cut The Day the Music Died, J the S laments the corporate, homogenized state of the industry, and pledges to keep his vision of “real hip-hop” alive as long as he lives. Joining him over Blaze P.‘s pensive production, Michael Franco provides the hook. While this joint won’t be featured on the project, those who like what they’re hearing owe it to themselves to check out debut studio album, The Last Days, when it hits stores and online retailers in the near future.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.