J The S has made himself scarce on our pages since this April, when he wrapped up promotion on his Booth-sponsored The Last Days LP with the release of video single Higher Ground. What’s the Boston representative been doing with himself since? A lot of thinking, for starters. On newly-released song Sweet Sinning Jake shares a few things that have been on his mind of late. Here, Hamma‘s soulfully understated sample work sets the stage for reflections on artistic integrity, memories of fallen homies, and even a provocative prescription for the ailing hip-hop game: “We don’t need more skills / We need more Lauryn Hills, Lupes, dead prezes / Less everybody elses.” Though this reflective banger, as mentioned above, isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those feeling it can keep it locked for anything and everything J the S in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.