As anyone who’s been to college knows, the main problem with ‘partying like there’s no tomorrow’ is that there usually is a tomorrow—and, once you’ve experienced a few hangovers, the apocalypse starts to seem infinitely preferable to another excruciating Sunday morning. On newly-released single The Last Party, underground emcee J the S fantasizes about just that scenario: a consequence-free night of revelry that continues till “the sun burn out and the angels fall.” Of course, even the best party can be a drag without a few good wingmen along for the ride, and the Boston rapper opts for the best of the best; Jadakiss jumps on board to spit a gruff guest verse (notably taking the opportunity to emphasize that The Last Kiss was not, in fact, his final album) over M-Phazes’ feel-good, sampled boardwork, and R&B singer Danny McLain tops the track off with a hook sure to spur plenty of soused singalongs. If this cut’s whet your appetite for more of J the S’ end-of-the-world jams, stay tuned for further details on the emcee’s The Last Days LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 06/24/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.