As anyone who’s been to college knows, the main problem with ‘partying like there’s no tomorrow’ is that there usually is a tomorrow—and, once you’ve experienced a few hangovers, the apocalypse starts to seem infinitely preferable to another excruciating Sunday morning. On newly-released single The Last Party, underground emcee J the S fantasizes about just that scenario: a consequence-free night of revelry that continues till “the sun burn out and the angels fall.” Of course, even the best party can be a drag without a few good wingmen along for the ride, and the Boston rapper opts for the best of the best; Jadakiss jumps on board to spit a gruff guest verse (notably taking the opportunity to emphasize that The Last Kiss was not, in fact, his final album) over M-Phazes’ feel-good, sampled boardwork, and R&B singer Danny McLain tops the track off with a hook sure to spur plenty of soused singalongs. If this cut’s whet your appetite for more of J the S’ end-of-the-world jams, stay tuned for further details on the emcee’s The Last Days LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 06/24/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.