As anyone who’s been to college knows, the main problem with ‘partying like there’s no tomorrow’ is that there usually is a tomorrow—and, once you’ve experienced a few hangovers, the apocalypse starts to seem infinitely preferable to another excruciating Sunday morning. On newly-released single The Last Party, underground emcee J the S fantasizes about just that scenario: a consequence-free night of revelry that continues till “the sun burn out and the angels fall.” Of course, even the best party can be a drag without a few good wingmen along for the ride, and the Boston rapper opts for the best of the best; Jadakiss jumps on board to spit a gruff guest verse (notably taking the opportunity to emphasize that The Last Kiss was not, in fact, his final album) over M-Phazes’ feel-good, sampled boardwork, and R&B singer Danny McLain tops the track off with a hook sure to spur plenty of soused singalongs. If this cut’s whet your appetite for more of J the S’ end-of-the-world jams, stay tuned for further details on the emcee’s The Last Days LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 06/24/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.