In anticipation of the release of his third underground album, The Last Days, Boston rapper J the S (short for Jake the Snake) released a “prequel” album, When In Rome…, this past March. Joining fellow Bay Statesmen Termanology and Akrobatik with his classic underground-style rap, Jake calls on the audience to Do You while he “does him” (please erase all thought of Rocko from your mind). Fellow underrated undergrounders (Aftermath artist Joell Ortiz and hookman Lee Wilson) contribute to J the S’s message of individuality, while producer Raf Moses sets up an unusually sunny beat. Don’t feel bad that Do You will likely never get mainstream airplay; the airwaves aren’t the setting for J The S to dwell.
Written by Burmy on 05/20/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Thing ft. Donny Goines & Emilio Rojas" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.