For the first leak from his NewEnglandHipHop.com presented and DJ Motion hosted mixtape, The Jake The Snake Conspiracy, J The S gets loose over a bouncy DB Koopa beat on For The Taking, featuring REKS. Jake takes the first verse to discuss his hustle and dues paid while showing reverence for education - “before I pass a joint, probably pass a book.” The chorus portion of the song is more of a break between verses than it is a memorable hook, which allows the energy of the song to rest before rising again for the next emcee up to bat. REKS takes the second verse and does what he typically does – bodies the beat and dominates the track. Clocking in at 2:49, the song is shorter than usually and could’ve benefited from a back-and-forth style third verse between the two artists, but it still works. While Conspiracy is still awaiting a release date, J The S’s album, The Last Days, is set for a January 18 release through DJBooth.net and features artists like Styles P, Pill and Emilio Rojas.
Written by JC Poppe on 01/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.