J the S’ last Booth feature found the underground emcee ready to party till the sun burned out and the angels fell from the sky. While the concept made for one fresh record, the Boston native knows as well as anyone that living it up as the world falls to pieces isn’t the greatest plan – if we want future generations to have something other than a post-apocalyptic wasteland to look forward to, we’re gonna have to do our part to create positive Change. On the first official leak off his latest street album, (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!), Jake asks the obvious question: with the myriad problems that plague the globe, is it really possible to set things right? To quote guest singer (and co-producer, with Snipe Beats) Franco “It ain’t gonna be easy.” Backed by the beatsmiths’ uniquely catchy hip-hop-meets-folk-meets Smells Like Teen Spirit boardwork, the headliner encourages us to make the world a better place one day at a time, even if it’s just within the confines of our own homes. Digging this insightful track? Be sure to check back on March 9, when J the S drops his new, DJBooth/2DopeBoyz-presented mixtape, Wish You Were Here.
Written by richard on 02/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.