If you tuned in for last week’s Booth countdown on Don Cannon and DJ Infamous’ Infamy Radio, you’ve already gotten a taste of Put My Cape On, the new single off J The S’ recent, DJBooth.net-sponsored Wish You Were Here mixtape. Today, those who haven’t been keeping up with the Boston buzzmaker finally get to hear what the fuss is all about. This hard-hitting jam finds beatsmith Cory Bold blending crunchy synths and stomp-clap percussion as Jake the Snake delivers bars packed from top to bottom with out-of-this-world braggadocio. Change hookman Franco once again fills the role of sidekick, contributing a slightly angstful (It’s so hard to fly, with broken wings…”), but undeniably catchy chorus and bridge. Will the superhuman skills Jake and his collaborators showcase here add up to a mainstream radio hit? For now, we can only speculate. Either way, though, you won’t want to miss out on the freshness contained on the artist’s latest street album, released March 10, and available here for streaming and free download.
Written by richard on 03/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.