In recent days, independent powerhouse SRP Records has been a sure-shot avenue to success for artists of Caribbean descent (in addition to making Rihanna a household name, they helped get fellow Barbados native Shontelle into the limelight this past fall). Hoping to become the next musical sensation to emerge from the islands, SRP‘s newest signees, Orain ‘Shabbz’ Stewart, brothers Byron and Dru Barwise and Andrew ‘A.T.’ Thompson, together known as J-Status, have released a brand new promo single. Going through tough times with their respective women, the Jamaican foursome ask the ladies to help them pick up the Pieces of their broken hearts. Featuring a memorable vocal contribution by Shontelle and relaxing production by Arif Cooper, Pieces should have what it takes to become a strong regional (and indie radio) hit. The only question that remains is, will distributors take notice?
Written by Burmy on 02/18/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.