In recent days, independent powerhouse SRP Records has been a sure-shot avenue to success for artists of Caribbean descent (in addition to making Rihanna a household name, they helped get fellow Barbados native Shontelle into the limelight this past fall). Hoping to become the next musical sensation to emerge from the islands, SRP‘s newest signees, Orain ‘Shabbz’ Stewart, brothers Byron and Dru Barwise and Andrew ‘A.T.’ Thompson, together known as J-Status, have released a brand new promo single. Going through tough times with their respective women, the Jamaican foursome ask the ladies to help them pick up the Pieces of their broken hearts. Featuring a memorable vocal contribution by Shontelle and relaxing production by Arif Cooper, Pieces should have what it takes to become a strong regional (and indie radio) hit. The only question that remains is, will distributors take notice?
Written by Burmy on 02/18/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.