In recent days, independent powerhouse SRP Records has been a sure-shot avenue to success for artists of Caribbean descent (in addition to making Rihanna a household name, they helped get fellow Barbados native Shontelle into the limelight this past fall). Hoping to become the next musical sensation to emerge from the islands, SRP‘s newest signees, Orain ‘Shabbz’ Stewart, brothers Byron and Dru Barwise and Andrew ‘A.T.’ Thompson, together known as J-Status, have released a brand new promo single. Going through tough times with their respective women, the Jamaican foursome ask the ladies to help them pick up the Pieces of their broken hearts. Featuring a memorable vocal contribution by Shontelle and relaxing production by Arif Cooper, Pieces should have what it takes to become a strong regional (and indie radio) hit. The only question that remains is, will distributors take notice?
Written by Burmy on 02/18/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.