In recent days, independent powerhouse SRP Records has been a sure-shot avenue to success for artists of Caribbean descent (in addition to making Rihanna a household name, they helped get fellow Barbados native Shontelle into the limelight this past fall). Hoping to become the next musical sensation to emerge from the islands, SRP‘s newest signees, Orain ‘Shabbz’ Stewart, brothers Byron and Dru Barwise and Andrew ‘A.T.’ Thompson, together known as J-Status, have released a brand new promo single. Going through tough times with their respective women, the Jamaican foursome ask the ladies to help them pick up the Pieces of their broken hearts. Featuring a memorable vocal contribution by Shontelle and relaxing production by Arif Cooper, Pieces should have what it takes to become a strong regional (and indie radio) hit. The only question that remains is, will distributors take notice?
Written by Burmy on 02/18/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.