A proud denizen of the DMV, DJ J-$crilla would Nevalettadaygoby without putting on for his region in some way, shape or form. Today, for example, he’s taken the opportunity to showcase a trio of rising emcees from around the way on his latest single—which just so happens to be an exclusive world premiere. Scrilla’s first Booth feature since hooking up with us to drop our Ford Fiesta Till Six in the Morning mixtape in 2010, this contemplative street banger finds newcomers Doe Cigapom, Young I and Waze reflecting on the fallout of the Reagan Era over the headliner’s soulfully understated sample work. Feeling it? You can look forward to more fresh beats and lyrically-gifted guest features on Reel High, scheduled for release in spring of 2013.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.