A proud denizen of the DMV, DJ J-$crilla would Nevalettadaygoby without putting on for his region in some way, shape or form. Today, for example, he’s taken the opportunity to showcase a trio of rising emcees from around the way on his latest single—which just so happens to be an exclusive world premiere. Scrilla’s first Booth feature since hooking up with us to drop our Ford Fiesta Till Six in the Morning mixtape in 2010, this contemplative street banger finds newcomers Doe Cigapom, Young I and Waze reflecting on the fallout of the Reagan Era over the headliner’s soulfully understated sample work. Feeling it? You can look forward to more fresh beats and lyrically-gifted guest features on Reel High, scheduled for release in spring of 2013.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.