A proud denizen of the DMV, DJ J-$crilla would Nevalettadaygoby without putting on for his region in some way, shape or form. Today, for example, he’s taken the opportunity to showcase a trio of rising emcees from around the way on his latest single—which just so happens to be an exclusive world premiere. Scrilla’s first Booth feature since hooking up with us to drop our Ford Fiesta Till Six in the Morning mixtape in 2010, this contemplative street banger finds newcomers Doe Cigapom, Young I and Waze reflecting on the fallout of the Reagan Era over the headliner’s soulfully understated sample work. Feeling it? You can look forward to more fresh beats and lyrically-gifted guest features on Reel High, scheduled for release in spring of 2013.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.