A proud denizen of the DMV, DJ J-$crilla would Nevalettadaygoby without putting on for his region in some way, shape or form. Today, for example, he’s taken the opportunity to showcase a trio of rising emcees from around the way on his latest single—which just so happens to be an exclusive world premiere. Scrilla’s first Booth feature since hooking up with us to drop our Ford Fiesta Till Six in the Morning mixtape in 2010, this contemplative street banger finds newcomers Doe Cigapom, Young I and Waze reflecting on the fallout of the Reagan Era over the headliner’s soulfully understated sample work. Feeling it? You can look forward to more fresh beats and lyrically-gifted guest features on Reel High, scheduled for release in spring of 2013.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Love" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)