The opening air horns from J The S’s Last Tickets for the Bandwagon ring out like a klaxon, a warning sign for many. Jake The Snake doesn’t necessarily carve out a new sound on the duo cut with Emilio Rojas; instead he wades in waters enriched by countless New York underground classics. Keelay’s light snares and dark piano melody open the doors for J The S to outline the difference between real friends and those hanging on for show. Rojas, a standout on many of his own individual tracks, comes hard with honest bars on this one, touching on bank bailouts, criminals serving longer sentences for victimless crimes and more. Cut throat honesty prevails throughout as the Boston native’s last verse paints an exact picture of common sense mixed with a muddled reality, “Stressed out currently, chiefing more reefer than [Wiz] Khalifa & Curren$y / And BP just went on a murder spree, but my boy get locked cause he don’t keep his urine clean.” With a work ethic driven towards the truth, the DJBooth Freestyle alumnus is looking at big things for 2011, including a J. Cardim-produced EP, coming soon. Get your tickets now.
Written by Brando on 02/6/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)