The opening air horns from J The S’s Last Tickets for the Bandwagon ring out like a klaxon, a warning sign for many. Jake The Snake doesn’t necessarily carve out a new sound on the duo cut with Emilio Rojas; instead he wades in waters enriched by countless New York underground classics. Keelay’s light snares and dark piano melody open the doors for J The S to outline the difference between real friends and those hanging on for show. Rojas, a standout on many of his own individual tracks, comes hard with honest bars on this one, touching on bank bailouts, criminals serving longer sentences for victimless crimes and more. Cut throat honesty prevails throughout as the Boston native’s last verse paints an exact picture of common sense mixed with a muddled reality, “Stressed out currently, chiefing more reefer than [Wiz] Khalifa & Curren$y / And BP just went on a murder spree, but my boy get locked cause he don’t keep his urine clean.” With a work ethic driven towards the truth, the DJBooth Freestyle alumnus is looking at big things for 2011, including a J. Cardim-produced EP, coming soon. Get your tickets now.
Written by Brando on 02/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You ft. ft. Joell Ortiz & Lee Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.