From Dre to Kanye, countless production heavyweights have stepped out from behind the boards to showcase their skills on the mic, but Booth newcomer J Rawls thinks he’s got ‘em all beat. Part II of a record released back in 2011, this Booth-exclusive world premiere finds the hip-hop veteran once again crowning himself the Best Producer on the Mic. And, just to show he ain’t afraid of a little competition, Rawls invites fellow double-threats Oddisee, Nottz and Blue Print to flex their own flows over his brassy boom-bap grooves. Like what you’re hearing? More underground bangers await on The Legacy, dropping June 10, via Polar Entertainment.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.