From Dre to Kanye, countless production heavyweights have stepped out from behind the boards to showcase their skills on the mic, but Booth newcomer J Rawls thinks he’s got ‘em all beat. Part II of a record released back in 2011, this Booth-exclusive world premiere finds the hip-hop veteran once again crowning himself the Best Producer on the Mic. And, just to show he ain’t afraid of a little competition, Rawls invites fellow double-threats Oddisee, Nottz and Blue Print to flex their own flows over his brassy boom-bap grooves. Like what you’re hearing? More underground bangers await on The Legacy, dropping June 10, via Polar Entertainment.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.