After making his unofficial debut on The DJBooth thanks to Focus…‘s Clouds, Seattle emcee J. Pinder is finally ready for his close-up and by “close-up” I do mean first ever solo DJBooth feature. Although the Northwestern spitter is only 22-years-old, he’s already worked with a number of Seattle heavy hitters including Jake One and Vitamin D. If Pinder’s notable collaborations aren’t proof enough that he’s one to lookout for then his latest single No Fault Of Mine should easily seal the deal. Backed by production from Kuddie Fresh who lets “the beat speak” with his intricate mix of strings, the Booth newcomer gets deeply personal on No Fault Of Mine. Listeners are greeted with a bit of a surprise on the song’s hook as Pinder switches from rapper to songster, soulfully belting out the remainder of the song. No Fault Of Mine serves as a small sample of what can be expected on the rhymesayer’s Careless album, which was released to iTunes as of May 29.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/8/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.