After making his unofficial debut on The DJBooth thanks to Focus…‘s Clouds, Seattle emcee J. Pinder is finally ready for his close-up and by “close-up” I do mean first ever solo DJBooth feature. Although the Northwestern spitter is only 22-years-old, he’s already worked with a number of Seattle heavy hitters including Jake One and Vitamin D. If Pinder’s notable collaborations aren’t proof enough that he’s one to lookout for then his latest single No Fault Of Mine should easily seal the deal. Backed by production from Kuddie Fresh who lets “the beat speak” with his intricate mix of strings, the Booth newcomer gets deeply personal on No Fault Of Mine. Listeners are greeted with a bit of a surprise on the song’s hook as Pinder switches from rapper to songster, soulfully belting out the remainder of the song. No Fault Of Mine serves as a small sample of what can be expected on the rhymesayer’s Careless album, which was released to iTunes as of May 29.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/8/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.