You would think that after making an impressive DJBooth debut, thanks to his highly-rated No Fault Of Mine, Seattle spitter J. Pinder would take some time to bask in his glory. Well, the emcee is fully aware that time waits for no one and within weeks of making his debut on our pages he’s returned with his second feature, Lenore, and he’s recruited a little help for the robust record. Joined by veteran Philly crooner Musiq Soulchild, Pinder seems to be at his most sincere on the somber track, which possibly serves as an ode to the Edgar Allen Poe poem of the same name. On Lenore, the Northwestern word connoisseur again recruits the help of Atlanta beatsmith Kuddie Fresh, who doesn’t hesitate in gifting the record with a harmonious array of keys which serves as the perfect audio backdrop for Musiq’s soulful hook. With the release of Lenore we’re brought one step closer to the DJBooth newcomer’s much-anticipated Careless Redux mixtape, due November 13.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/9/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.