You would think that after making an impressive DJBooth debut, thanks to his highly-rated No Fault Of Mine, Seattle spitter J. Pinder would take some time to bask in his glory. Well, the emcee is fully aware that time waits for no one and within weeks of making his debut on our pages he’s returned with his second feature, Lenore, and he’s recruited a little help for the robust record. Joined by veteran Philly crooner Musiq Soulchild, Pinder seems to be at his most sincere on the somber track, which possibly serves as an ode to the Edgar Allen Poe poem of the same name. On Lenore, the Northwestern word connoisseur again recruits the help of Atlanta beatsmith Kuddie Fresh, who doesn’t hesitate in gifting the record with a harmonious array of keys which serves as the perfect audio backdrop for Musiq’s soulful hook. With the release of Lenore we’re brought one step closer to the DJBooth newcomer’s much-anticipated Careless Redux mixtape, due November 13.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.