With his last DJBooth feature Lenore possibly inspired by an Edgar Allen Poe poem, it’s safe to say that Seattle rhymedropper J. Pinder is no stranger to the unique concept when it comes to his music. The Northwest representer’s latest release, Illuminate, finds the clever emcee taking part in a little inner dialogue as he touches on his past, present, and future. From the distant-sounding, chant-like hook provided by Choklate to Kuddie Fresh‘s whimsical production Illuminate comes across as quite the uniquely dreamy tune throughout. The Seattle spitter’s third DJBooth feature can be found on the DJ Skee Presents: Careless Redux mixtape, which is currently set for release on November 13.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.