With his last DJBooth feature Lenore possibly inspired by an Edgar Allen Poe poem, it’s safe to say that Seattle rhymedropper J. Pinder is no stranger to the unique concept when it comes to his music. The Northwest representer’s latest release, Illuminate, finds the clever emcee taking part in a little inner dialogue as he touches on his past, present, and future. From the distant-sounding, chant-like hook provided by Choklate to Kuddie Fresh‘s whimsical production Illuminate comes across as quite the uniquely dreamy tune throughout. The Seattle spitter’s third DJBooth feature can be found on the DJ Skee Presents: Careless Redux mixtape, which is currently set for release on November 13.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.