Looking for a Good Time? Of course you are—and, as such, J. Peguero‘s debut feature will be right up your alley. Part of his latest street album, this cut finds the unsigned buzzmaker showcasing his considerable swagger over the swung percussion and chopped samples of Debonaire. In brash, yet conversational bars, the Brooklyn-based rhymesayer does everything in his power to ensure listeners are enjoying themselves just as much as he is. When it comes to his competition he’s equally solicitous, if a little condescending: “It’s my time, but give yourself a hand, good try.” Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on Peguero’s A Tale of Two Cities street album, available online as of last December.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.