Looking for a Good Time? Of course you are—and, as such, J. Peguero‘s debut feature will be right up your alley. Part of his latest street album, this cut finds the unsigned buzzmaker showcasing his considerable swagger over the swung percussion and chopped samples of Debonaire. In brash, yet conversational bars, the Brooklyn-based rhymesayer does everything in his power to ensure listeners are enjoying themselves just as much as he is. When it comes to his competition he’s equally solicitous, if a little condescending: “It’s my time, but give yourself a hand, good try.” Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on Peguero’s A Tale of Two Cities street album, available online as of last December.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.