While on a Santa Claus themed bar crawl this weekend, I witnessed many people, who had been downing holiday shots for several hours, throwing up the goods. This unfortunately ingrained memory made me cringe just slightly when I saw the title of J. Nolan and Yung B’s newest single Throw It Up, but thankfully the song does not feature anyone puking, heaving or praying to the Porcelain God. What it does feature are two very talented emcees, backed by a crisp, had-nodding beat, courtesy of Yung B. As the chime-based beat rolls, B and Nolan deliver straightforward verses, highlighted by Nolan’s interesting, speedy delivery on verse two. Though non-alcoholic, the duo’s chemistry and authentic hip hop sound may have you feeling a little intoxicated. For more check out the duo’s forthcoming LP The Upbringing, out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/12
Submit your Rating
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.