While on a Santa Claus themed bar crawl this weekend, I witnessed many people, who had been downing holiday shots for several hours, throwing up the goods. This unfortunately ingrained memory made me cringe just slightly when I saw the title of J. Nolan and Yung B’s newest single Throw It Up, but thankfully the song does not feature anyone puking, heaving or praying to the Porcelain God. What it does feature are two very talented emcees, backed by a crisp, had-nodding beat, courtesy of Yung B. As the chime-based beat rolls, B and Nolan deliver straightforward verses, highlighted by Nolan’s interesting, speedy delivery on verse two. Though non-alcoholic, the duo’s chemistry and authentic hip hop sound may have you feeling a little intoxicated. For more check out the duo’s forthcoming LP The Upbringing, out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/10/12
Submit your Rating
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.