I have some good news and some bad news. Let’s get the bad stuff out of the way first, shall we? Unfortunately, Speed of Light will be J.Nolan’s last release of 2013. It’s sad, I know, but you can take solace in the fact that it is also one of his strongest efforts in the last 365 days, and it should get you excited for 2014. Though the record’s vibe is smooth and laid-back, thanks in part to Tuelv’s jazzy, snare-dusted production, Nolan’s lyrics will motivate you to get on your grind. With his surgically precise, yet easygoing flow, the New Haven, CT native comments on his grind and the state of the game with lines like, “Basketball, hip-hop wives but we mad at Nas when he said hop-hop died.” Come 2014, be sure to keep an eye out for more from Nolan.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/26/13
Submit your Rating
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)