I have some good news and some bad news. Let’s get the bad stuff out of the way first, shall we? Unfortunately, Speed of Light will be J.Nolan’s last release of 2013. It’s sad, I know, but you can take solace in the fact that it is also one of his strongest efforts in the last 365 days, and it should get you excited for 2014. Though the record’s vibe is smooth and laid-back, thanks in part to Tuelv’s jazzy, snare-dusted production, Nolan’s lyrics will motivate you to get on your grind. With his surgically precise, yet easygoing flow, the New Haven, CT native comments on his grind and the state of the game with lines like, “Basketball, hip-hop wives but we mad at Nas when he said hop-hop died.” Come 2014, be sure to keep an eye out for more from Nolan.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/26/13
Submit your Rating
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.