While I can’t fathom why anyone would want to get in the way of J.Nolan‘s hustle, I can say with certainty that the effort would be futile; as the A-Town representer explains on leak numero dos off his forthcoming street album, he not only won’t but Can’t Stop making music from the soul. Our favorite ATL beat crew, SMKA, do their thing on the production, flipping the funky opening bars from Steely Dan’s Caves of Altamira into a Southern-fried backdrop for bars detailing Nolan’s determination to succeed. Though he’s “doin it all alone,” the up-and-comer has got more than his own enrichment on the agenda. On the contrary, when he gets on, he plans on taking his whole city with him: “Police got me under pressure ‘cause I’m tryin’ to be a shepherd, / and I’m leadin’ my people to Jesus like a double-decker.” Does this ambitious jam leave you hungry for more? Then stay tuned—J.Nolan’s Dreams Manifest street album has yet to receive a drop date, we in the Booth will be sure to keep you supplied with all the latest tunes. In the meantime, fans can still purchase the artist’s last street release, The Archetype EP, via his Bandcamp page.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above, or scroll below, to view the Bloo Woods-directed visuals for Can’t Stop.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.