While I can’t fathom why anyone would want to get in the way of J.Nolan‘s hustle, I can say with certainty that the effort would be futile; as the A-Town representer explains on leak numero dos off his forthcoming street album, he not only won’t but Can’t Stop making music from the soul. Our favorite ATL beat crew, SMKA, do their thing on the production, flipping the funky opening bars from Steely Dan’s Caves of Altamira into a Southern-fried backdrop for bars detailing Nolan’s determination to succeed. Though he’s “doin it all alone,” the up-and-comer has got more than his own enrichment on the agenda. On the contrary, when he gets on, he plans on taking his whole city with him: “Police got me under pressure ‘cause I’m tryin’ to be a shepherd, / and I’m leadin’ my people to Jesus like a double-decker.” Does this ambitious jam leave you hungry for more? Then stay tuned—J.Nolan’s Dreams Manifest street album has yet to receive a drop date, we in the Booth will be sure to keep you supplied with all the latest tunes. In the meantime, fans can still purchase the artist’s last street release, The Archetype EP, via his Bandcamp page.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above, or scroll below, to view the Bloo Woods-directed visuals for Can’t Stop.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.