On his last solo Booth feature, Stand Alone, Connecticut word connoisseur J.Nolan provided listeners with a moderately mellow, bar-driven cut. The New England emcee is intent on turning up the energy, though, as he proceeds to “break it down on ‘em” on his latest single, Breakdown. The forward record is raucous from the jump as Atlanta beatsmiths The Nomineez lace Breakdown with a no-nonsense audio backdrop that’s heavily indicative of the region they hail from. Never lacking in the self-assured lyricism department, the Constitution State representer is as confident as ever as he boldly makes his way from bar to bar, ensuring that his Breakdown is fully absorbed. Although Breakdown serves as yet another promotional single from J.Nolan, our guess is that the spitter’s got something much bigger in the works.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/8/12
Submit your Rating
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.