“A wise man once said: ‘You must distinguish yourself, or the rest of the world will make that distinction for you.’” And so begins J.Nolan‘s manifesto All I Got, which serves as the inception of his #DistinguishYourself campaign. In a genre that is unfairly characterized as homogeneous and uninspired, it’s always refreshing when an artist can find a way to stand out in a genuine way without coming off as gimmicky or contrived. Nolan’s bars float seamlessly over the lush ambient sounds and sharp drum knocks of producer Kuddie Fresh, while he reminds us how important it is to stay true to one’s individuality and personal excellence. If All I Got leaves your ears buzzing with excitement, it would be in good taste to keep an eye out for J.Nolan’s full-length release Distinction, due out this spring.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.