“A wise man once said: ‘You must distinguish yourself, or the rest of the world will make that distinction for you.’” And so begins J.Nolan‘s manifesto All I Got, which serves as the inception of his #DistinguishYourself campaign. In a genre that is unfairly characterized as homogeneous and uninspired, it’s always refreshing when an artist can find a way to stand out in a genuine way without coming off as gimmicky or contrived. Nolan’s bars float seamlessly over the lush ambient sounds and sharp drum knocks of producer Kuddie Fresh, while he reminds us how important it is to stay true to one’s individuality and personal excellence. If All I Got leaves your ears buzzing with excitement, it would be in good taste to keep an eye out for J.Nolan’s full-length release Distinction, due out this spring.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/13/13
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.