Still riding high off the wave of acclaim that greeted his latest street album, J. NICS bounces back with his first original feature since the set’s arrival. On newly-released freestyle ThunderBay, a pummeling synth beat by Hudson Mohawke as the Panhandle State spitter explains exactly what it is that makes him so dope. While this record isn’t currently attached to any larger project, those craving more can hear plenty more from the artist on Southern N*ggas Ain’t Slow mixtapes The Tribute and The Product, available for download from DJBooth through NICS’ website, SouthernN*ggasAintSlow.com.
Written by richard on 06/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.