Still riding high off the wave of acclaim that greeted his latest street album, J. NICS bounces back with his first original feature since the set’s arrival. On newly-released freestyle ThunderBay, a pummeling synth beat by Hudson Mohawke as the Panhandle State spitter explains exactly what it is that makes him so dope. While this record isn’t currently attached to any larger project, those craving more can hear plenty more from the artist on Southern N*ggas Ain’t Slow mixtapes The Tribute and The Product, available for download from DJBooth through NICS’ website, SouthernN*ggasAintSlow.com.
Written by richard on 06/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.