Months ago, when J NICS recorded Respect My Mind, the Booth fave had no idea that the death of Ferguson, Missouri teen Michael Brown would turn racism and police brutality into hot-button issues on the national scene. The controversy did, however, inspire him to finally release the cut, a moody reflection on the constant pressure exerted on young black men simply trying to make their way in the world. NICS isn’t the only one who’s been stressing lately; fellow Panhandle State representative Prez P and Swiss rhymesayer Sean Buck blow off a little steam of their own on the guest tip, joining the headliner over Danny Dee‘s immersive electronic boardwork. For Respect and much more, cop the beatsmith’s Dont Run From Where You Come From LP when it hits the ‘net tomorrow, September 19.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.