When a song bears the title “G Code,” there are certain subjects you expect will be touched upon: gang loyalties, gunplay, the hustle for cash and—most importantly—the ironclad prohibition against snitching on your fellow G’s. Which is why I was surprised to click “play” on J NICS’ latest feature and hear about none of the above. A freshly-leaked cut off Copa Livin‘s forthcoming compilation album, this slow-rolling Southern banger finds production duo The Lottery delineating a code of conduct that can be summed up in four commandments: thou shalt smoke weed, thou shalt stay fly, thou shalt f**k beautiful women and thou shalt never get tied down to one female… even if said female hath a posterior to die for. (“Thick like a brick, that ass’ll build houses / Hit it from the back, she callin’ us spouses / and I’m bouncin’, cause I don’t roll with chicks that need counselin’.”). In addition to keeping it locked for further details on the inaugural installment of Completely Satisfactory, a mixtape series spotlighting South Florida’s best and brightest up-and-coming talents, fans can click here to check out NICS’ own Booth-sponsored Southern N*gga Ain’t Slow: The Tribute. The Product, the latter half of SNAS, is coming in early 2012.
Written by richard on 12/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.