When a song bears the title “G Code,” there are certain subjects you expect will be touched upon: gang loyalties, gunplay, the hustle for cash and—most importantly—the ironclad prohibition against snitching on your fellow G’s. Which is why I was surprised to click “play” on J NICS’ latest feature and hear about none of the above. A freshly-leaked cut off Copa Livin‘s forthcoming compilation album, this slow-rolling Southern banger finds production duo The Lottery delineating a code of conduct that can be summed up in four commandments: thou shalt smoke weed, thou shalt stay fly, thou shalt f**k beautiful women and thou shalt never get tied down to one female… even if said female hath a posterior to die for. (“Thick like a brick, that ass’ll build houses / Hit it from the back, she callin’ us spouses / and I’m bouncin’, cause I don’t roll with chicks that need counselin’.”). In addition to keeping it locked for further details on the inaugural installment of Completely Satisfactory, a mixtape series spotlighting South Florida’s best and brightest up-and-coming talents, fans can click here to check out NICS’ own Booth-sponsored Southern N*gga Ain’t Slow: The Tribute. The Product, the latter half of SNAS, is coming in early 2012.
Written by richard on 12/19/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.