Back in December of 2011, I was surprised to find that J NICS’ featured mixtape cut, G-Code, has more to do with f**king beautiful women and staying fly rather than the unspoken rules that govern the criminal underworld. Turns out, however, I just wasn’t seeing the big picture. Today, the Panhandle State representative returns to connect the dots with the record’s epic, seven minute-plus visuals, which ties together the themes of booty and gangsterism by depicting an audacious heist set amidst the flashing lights and rippling posteriors of a Hialeah, Fla. strip club. Produced/directed by Derick G. and co-directed/Executive Produced by Joseph Cinnante, the flick is so ambitious that calling it a “music video” feels like underselling it—but, whatever it is, it’s dope. For the album version of G-Code and much more, check out Southern N*ggas Ain’t Slow: The Product, available for free streaming and download in the Booth as of this past April.
Written by richard on 08/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.