Back in December of 2011, I was surprised to find that J NICS’ featured mixtape cut, G-Code, has more to do with f**king beautiful women and staying fly rather than the unspoken rules that govern the criminal underworld. Turns out, however, I just wasn’t seeing the big picture. Today, the Panhandle State representative returns to connect the dots with the record’s epic, seven minute-plus visuals, which ties together the themes of booty and gangsterism by depicting an audacious heist set amidst the flashing lights and rippling posteriors of a Hialeah, Fla. strip club. Produced/directed by Derick G. and co-directed/Executive Produced by Joseph Cinnante, the flick is so ambitious that calling it a “music video” feels like underselling it—but, whatever it is, it’s dope. For the album version of G-Code and much more, check out Southern N*ggas Ain’t Slow: The Product, available for free streaming and download in the Booth as of this past April.
Written by richard on 08/31/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)