When a song bears the title “G Code,” there are certain subjects you expect will be touched upon: gang loyalties, gunplay, the hustle for cash and—most importantly—the ironclad prohibition against snitching on your fellow G’s. Which is why I was surprised to click “play” on J NICS’ latest feature and hear about none of the above. A freshly-leaked cut off Copa Livin‘s forthcoming compilation album, this slow-rolling Southern banger finds production duo The Lottery delineating a code of conduct that can be summed up in four commandments: thou shalt smoke weed, thou shalt stay fly, thou shalt f**k beautiful women and thou shalt never get tied down to one female… even if said female hath a posterior to die for. (“Thick like a brick, that ass’ll build houses / Hit it from the back, she callin’ us spouses / and I’m bouncin’, cause I don’t roll with chicks that need counselin’.”). In addition to keeping it locked for further details on the inaugural installment of Completely Satisfactory, a mixtape series spotlighting South Florida’s best and brightest up-and-coming talents, fans can click here to check out NICS’ own Booth-sponsored Southern N*gga Ain’t Slow: The Tribute. The Product, the latter half of SNAS, is coming in early 2012.
Written by richard on 12/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.