J NICS’ attitude toward the Almighty Dollar can be summed up in four words: easy come, easy go. Having witnessed firsthand the speed with which the winds of fate can change directions, sending one from poverty, to high-rollerdom, to the pen and back in what seems like days, the Floridian rhymesayer is determined to enjoy life’s finer things while he possesses the means to do so. The latest single off the new, DJBooth-hosted second (and final) installment in his Southern N*ggas Ain’t Slow series, Blood Money finds NICS taking a critical look at the fearsome power currency holds over a young hustler’s psyche, while admitting that he’s just as prone to the temptations of big spending as anyone: ”Tryin’ to get fly; of course I want b*tches / a Porsche for my n*ggas, a porch for my children.” Plex Luthor, Bernz and Wrekonize of Panhandle State crew ¡MAYDAY! assist on the guest tip, the former cooking up a moody, percussion-driven instrumental and the latter two tying the record together with a hazy sung chorus. Released this past Monday, J NICS’ The Product tape is available now for free streaming and download in the Booth, as is its precedessor, The Tribute. ¡MAYDAY!‘s Strange Music debut, Take Me to Your Leader, is out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.