As fans in the Booth have likely noticed, J NICS has been less active than usual thus far in 2013, only breaking his silence to drop the occasional guest verse. Which isn’t to say the South Florida flame-spitter’s been off his grind; rather, he temporarily stepped away from the mic to “focus on being a father,” while building up inspiration for future projects. Clearly, the pseudo-hiatus has done him good, as mixtape lead single 24/7 finds the artist brimming with confidence and ambition. DannyDee and Nuez’ aquatic synths back the Booth fave as he reaffirms his dedication to the hustle, delivering his bars in a breathless flow that bespeaks the urgency of his paper chase. NICS’ ThreeSixtyFive EP as yet lacks a drop date but, with his relentless work schedule, its release can’t be far off. In any case, you can watch our pages for further details on the set, as well as all the latest tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.