As fans in the Booth have likely noticed, J NICS has been less active than usual thus far in 2013, only breaking his silence to drop the occasional guest verse. Which isn’t to say the South Florida flame-spitter’s been off his grind; rather, he temporarily stepped away from the mic to “focus on being a father,” while building up inspiration for future projects. Clearly, the pseudo-hiatus has done him good, as mixtape lead single 24/7 finds the artist brimming with confidence and ambition. DannyDee and Nuez’ aquatic synths back the Booth fave as he reaffirms his dedication to the hustle, delivering his bars in a breathless flow that bespeaks the urgency of his paper chase. NICS’ ThreeSixtyFive EP as yet lacks a drop date but, with his relentless work schedule, its release can’t be far off. In any case, you can watch our pages for further details on the set, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 06/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.