As fans in the Booth have likely noticed, J NICS has been less active than usual thus far in 2013, only breaking his silence to drop the occasional guest verse. Which isn’t to say the South Florida flame-spitter’s been off his grind; rather, he temporarily stepped away from the mic to “focus on being a father,” while building up inspiration for future projects. Clearly, the pseudo-hiatus has done him good, as mixtape lead single 24/7 finds the artist brimming with confidence and ambition. DannyDee and Nuez’ aquatic synths back the Booth fave as he reaffirms his dedication to the hustle, delivering his bars in a breathless flow that bespeaks the urgency of his paper chase. NICS’ ThreeSixtyFive EP as yet lacks a drop date but, with his relentless work schedule, its release can’t be far off. In any case, you can watch our pages for further details on the set, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 06/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)