As fans in the Booth have likely noticed, J NICS has been less active than usual thus far in 2013, only breaking his silence to drop the occasional guest verse. Which isn’t to say the South Florida flame-spitter’s been off his grind; rather, he temporarily stepped away from the mic to “focus on being a father,” while building up inspiration for future projects. Clearly, the pseudo-hiatus has done him good, as mixtape lead single 24/7 finds the artist brimming with confidence and ambition. DannyDee and Nuez’ aquatic synths back the Booth fave as he reaffirms his dedication to the hustle, delivering his bars in a breathless flow that bespeaks the urgency of his paper chase. NICS’ ThreeSixtyFive EP as yet lacks a drop date but, with his relentless work schedule, its release can’t be far off. In any case, you can watch our pages for further details on the set, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 06/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.