Stepping into the spotlight is R&B singer, J. Nicole. Previously in the girl group, Sugar Honey Ice Tea, the Grand Rapids-born and current Atlanta resident has plenty of experience in the industry. Her debut single, I’m Leavin’, sounds similar to Keyshia Cole‘s The Way It Is in content; J. Nicole expresses being fed up with the way her man treats her. ColliPark protégé Homebwoi gives her the green light to leave on his feature verse, reminding her that it is his loss. Look for J. Nicole’s demo tape, Hello, My Name Is J. Nicole to be available to A&R’s soon, hopefully with a label deal to follow.
Written by Burmy on 08/16/07
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.