Stepping into the spotlight is R&B singer, J. Nicole. Previously in the girl group, Sugar Honey Ice Tea, the Grand Rapids-born and current Atlanta resident has plenty of experience in the industry. Her debut single, I’m Leavin’, sounds similar to Keyshia Cole‘s The Way It Is in content; J. Nicole expresses being fed up with the way her man treats her. ColliPark protégé Homebwoi gives her the green light to leave on his feature verse, reminding her that it is his loss. Look for J. Nicole’s demo tape, Hello, My Name Is J. Nicole to be available to A&R’s soon, hopefully with a label deal to follow.
Written by Burmy on 08/16/07
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.