Stepping into the spotlight is R&B singer, J. Nicole. Previously in the girl group, Sugar Honey Ice Tea, the Grand Rapids-born and current Atlanta resident has plenty of experience in the industry. Her debut single, I’m Leavin’, sounds similar to Keyshia Cole‘s The Way It Is in content; J. Nicole expresses being fed up with the way her man treats her. ColliPark protégé Homebwoi gives her the green light to leave on his feature verse, reminding her that it is his loss. Look for J. Nicole’s demo tape, Hello, My Name Is J. Nicole to be available to A&R’s soon, hopefully with a label deal to follow.
Written by Burmy on 08/16/07
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.