Stepping into the spotlight is R&B singer, J. Nicole. Previously in the girl group, Sugar Honey Ice Tea, the Grand Rapids-born and current Atlanta resident has plenty of experience in the industry. Her debut single, I’m Leavin’, sounds similar to Keyshia Cole‘s The Way It Is in content; J. Nicole expresses being fed up with the way her man treats her. ColliPark protégé Homebwoi gives her the green light to leave on his feature verse, reminding her that it is his loss. Look for J. Nicole’s demo tape, Hello, My Name Is J. Nicole to be available to A&R’s soon, hopefully with a label deal to follow.
Written by Burmy on 08/16/07
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.