At the off chance you follow the Mars Rover on Twitter, you’d know that signs of water were recently discovered on the Red Planet. Undoubtedly an awesome discovery, but NASA should have known that it doesn’t have to travel into the Solar System to find water. They merely could have waited for artist-on-the-rise J. Mars to flood the Internet with his new, H20 inspired tune, The Lake. On the latest single off his forthcoming project, Mars uses a slew of aquatic metaphors to educate his girl on what he’d like to see take place once their bedroom door is closed. Epic produces a slow, spacey beat perfect for Mars’ droning, deep-voiced flow as well as the smooth, colorfully descriptive hook work by vocalist Shawn Welch. Mars’ After Lights project is set to drop later this month, but previously-featured tune Kingdom Hearts is also available to stream/download in the meantime.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.