It takes a special woman to roll (and smoke) with Booth newcomer J. Lately but, if you can keep it up, you can be sure the Oakland rhymesayer will show the proper appreciation. On new single Share the Love, project collaborator Nima Fadavi slices and dices a vintage soul sample into a dreamy backdrop for Lately and Inglewood neighbor El Prez’ lyrical reflections on kush and romance. Keep your eyes peeled for this jam’s official video, dropping soon, and watch for J. Lately’s and Fadavi’s One Way Ticket LP to hit the ‘net in the first quarter of 2012.
Written by richard on 12/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Stuff" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.