Fulfilling as it may be to spend your days expressing yourself through music, that doesn’t make the hustle any less exhausting. Recently, the demands of the grind have J.Lately and J.Good feeling like they’re Runnin’ on Empty—fortunately for both them and us, though, that means they’re “still running.” Jansport J. handles production duties on this freshly-minted mixtape single, layering placid bells over a dogged rhythm section as the Oakland rhymesayers spit about their struggle to maintain forward momentum despite the uncertainty of what lies ahead. Complete with a poetic guest 16 by reader fave Co$$, this joint will be part of the duo’s forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted PB&J tape, which is set to hit our front page April 15, for free streaming and download. In the meantime, fans can still cop J.Lately’s last street release, the Daydreams & Warm Nights tape, for free in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Share the Love" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!