Fulfilling as it may be to spend your days expressing yourself through music, that doesn’t make the hustle any less exhausting. Recently, the demands of the grind have J.Lately and J.Good feeling like they’re Runnin’ on Empty—fortunately for both them and us, though, that means they’re “still running.” Jansport J. handles production duties on this freshly-minted mixtape single, layering placid bells over a dogged rhythm section as the Oakland rhymesayers spit about their struggle to maintain forward momentum despite the uncertainty of what lies ahead. Complete with a poetic guest 16 by reader fave Co$$, this joint will be part of the duo’s forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted PB&J tape, which is set to hit our front page April 15, for free streaming and download. In the meantime, fans can still cop J.Lately’s last street release, the Daydreams & Warm Nights tape, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Share the Love " (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.