Oftentimes, we become so consumed with the rat race and the daily grind that we forget to take a breather and appreciate what’s around us. That’s where J.Lately comes in. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle, put on Roses and stop to smell, well, the Roses. I think you’ll find that The Blacksmiths’ glossy, swooning boardwork, emanating a truly soulful vibe, will get you in the right state of mind. The record’s relaxing mood is taken to the next level by both Lately and his guest, Grynch, whose similarly laid-back verses will make the good times hit you right in the soul. Roses is the first single off Lately’s Make. Believe album, set to bloom next month. In the meantime, why not stream and download the Oakland product’s January project, the Fly With Us EP?
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Share the Love " (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.