Oftentimes, we become so consumed with the rat race and the daily grind that we forget to take a breather and appreciate what’s around us. That’s where J.Lately comes in. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle, put on Roses and stop to smell, well, the Roses. I think you’ll find that The Blacksmiths’ glossy, swooning boardwork, emanating a truly soulful vibe, will get you in the right state of mind. The record’s relaxing mood is taken to the next level by both Lately and his guest, Grynch, whose similarly laid-back verses will make the good times hit you right in the soul. Roses is the first single off Lately’s Make. Believe album, set to bloom next month. In the meantime, why not stream and download the Oakland product’s January project, the Fly With Us EP?
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Share the Love " (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.