Oftentimes, we become so consumed with the rat race and the daily grind that we forget to take a breather and appreciate what’s around us. That’s where J.Lately comes in. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle, put on Roses and stop to smell, well, the Roses. I think you’ll find that The Blacksmiths’ glossy, swooning boardwork, emanating a truly soulful vibe, will get you in the right state of mind. The record’s relaxing mood is taken to the next level by both Lately and his guest, Grynch, whose similarly laid-back verses will make the good times hit you right in the soul. Roses is the first single off Lately’s Make. Believe album, set to bloom next month. In the meantime, why not stream and download the Oakland product’s January project, the Fly With Us EP?
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Share the Love " (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.