Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 22nd entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of J. Lately, a reader fave repping the Bay Area. On DADAS, The Blacksmiths’ original, keyboard-led boardwork sets the mood as the unsigned buzzmaker delivers bars jam-packed with cocksure braggadocio and trash-talk. J. Lately recently wrapped up a tour in support of his latest project, Make. Believe. Click here to purchase the LP, which dropped digitally in May.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Share the Love " (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)