Life isn’t always easy and we can’t pretend that it is. It’s okay, if not encouraged, to constantly relieve stress so that you can move on to whatever the next day has in store for you. That’s exactly what J.Lately and collaborator TiRon are doing and want you to do, too. On the Oakland native’s latest single, All Away, he and his guest take turns dropping gems of advice, like: “Nobody ever felt this, but I’m wrong. It’s just no one wants to say that they feel helpless,” and “I can deal with lonely but only if I know I’ll grow,” for when you feel cornered in life. You may not recognize it immediately, but holding in these issues will hurt more people, including you, in the long run. All Away will appear on J.Lately’s forthcoming full-length, Make. Believe., due out next week on May 13. And look out for the emcee’s upcoming entry in our DJBooth Freestyle Series!
Written by Bryan H on 05/7/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Share the Love " (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.