It seems J-Kwon can’t catch a break these days. Since his 2004 hit, Tipsy, the STL MC has fallen off the radar; watching his sophomore album Louisville Slugger get shelved, and then getting dropped from the So So Def roster. Since then, he has started his own label, Hood Hop Entertainment, planning to get rid of his “one-hit wonder” status with the new single, Who U Talkin To?. Gone is his old hip-pop steeze, replaced with a gruff hardcore sound. Kwon takes his opportunity to vent and like Papoose, is more lyrically skilled when angry. The public will have to wait until next year though to find out whether he can regain his hit power; Man In Da Mirror is currently set to drop in early 2008.
Written by Burmy on 10/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boo Boo (Holding Me Down)" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.