It seems J-Kwon can’t catch a break these days. Since his 2004 hit, Tipsy, the STL MC has fallen off the radar; watching his sophomore album Louisville Slugger get shelved, and then getting dropped from the So So Def roster. Since then, he has started his own label, Hood Hop Entertainment, planning to get rid of his “one-hit wonder” status with the new single, Who U Talkin To?. Gone is his old hip-pop steeze, replaced with a gruff hardcore sound. Kwon takes his opportunity to vent and like Papoose, is more lyrically skilled when angry. The public will have to wait until next year though to find out whether he can regain his hit power; Man In Da Mirror is currently set to drop in early 2008.
Written by Burmy on 10/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boo Boo (Holding Me Down)" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.