It seems J-Kwon can’t catch a break these days. Since his 2004 hit, Tipsy, the STL MC has fallen off the radar; watching his sophomore album Louisville Slugger get shelved, and then getting dropped from the So So Def roster. Since then, he has started his own label, Hood Hop Entertainment, planning to get rid of his “one-hit wonder” status with the new single, Who U Talkin To?. Gone is his old hip-pop steeze, replaced with a gruff hardcore sound. Kwon takes his opportunity to vent and like Papoose, is more lyrically skilled when angry. The public will have to wait until next year though to find out whether he can regain his hit power; Man In Da Mirror is currently set to drop in early 2008.
Written by Burmy on 10/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boo Boo (Holding Me Down)" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.