It seems J-Kwon can’t catch a break these days. Since his 2004 hit, Tipsy, the STL MC has fallen off the radar; watching his sophomore album Louisville Slugger get shelved, and then getting dropped from the So So Def roster. Since then, he has started his own label, Hood Hop Entertainment, planning to get rid of his “one-hit wonder” status with the new single, Who U Talkin To?. Gone is his old hip-pop steeze, replaced with a gruff hardcore sound. Kwon takes his opportunity to vent and like Papoose, is more lyrically skilled when angry. The public will have to wait until next year though to find out whether he can regain his hit power; Man In Da Mirror is currently set to drop in early 2008.
Written by Burmy on 10/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boo Boo (Holding Me Down)" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)