It’s hard to believe that St. Louis rapper J-Kwon first arrived on the scene four years ago. His debut single, Tipsy, invaded every club and house party across the world and helped the Missouri-native reach gold certification on his introductory album, Hood Hop. Following his initial success, Kwon revealed to DJBooth that he received a label deal for Hood Hop Entertainment through his parent company, Jive Records. Although shortly after releasing a collaboration with MTV’s Andy Milonakis, and receiving little promotion towards his sophomore album Louisville Slugger, J-Kwon and his project were dropped from the label. Now independent and ready to make ’08 his return into the game, we are treated to the radio-ready Boo Boo (Holding Me Down), performed, composed and produced all by the man himself. Does J-Kwon have what it takes to start the climb back towards to top of the mountain?
Written by DJ Z on 12/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who U Talkin To?" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.