It’s hard to believe that St. Louis rapper J-Kwon first arrived on the scene four years ago. His debut single, Tipsy, invaded every club and house party across the world and helped the Missouri-native reach gold certification on his introductory album, Hood Hop. Following his initial success, Kwon revealed to DJBooth that he received a label deal for Hood Hop Entertainment through his parent company, Jive Records. Although shortly after releasing a collaboration with MTV’s Andy Milonakis, and receiving little promotion towards his sophomore album Louisville Slugger, J-Kwon and his project were dropped from the label. Now independent and ready to make ’08 his return into the game, we are treated to the radio-ready Boo Boo (Holding Me Down), performed, composed and produced all by the man himself. Does J-Kwon have what it takes to start the climb back towards to top of the mountain?
Written by DJ Z on 12/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who U Talkin To?" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)