No musician wants to leave a label, and if they do they want it to be on their own terms. In rapper J-Kwon‘s case however, getting dropped from Jive Records has been a blessing in disguise; his newfound independence will give the St. Louis-native a platform to take charge of his career. To help complement the hit potential of Boo Boo (Holding Me Down), the 21-year old MC/label boss/songwriter/producer gives a shout out to his home city with the area code reppin’, 314. Although his verses sound swagger-jacked from Lil’ Wayne, right down to the “ya dig’s,” Kwon shines on the production side and that should make 314 a sure-shot-spinner at the club. It’s got to feel good not to need that fake ID anymore…
Listen to More: J-Kwon Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who U Talkin To?" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!