By now it is obvious that R&B singers become short of breathe when meeting women (see Mario). Me, personally, I don’t like to stop breathing when I encounter a beautiful female; they don’t like their men dead. On the new record, Suffocate, singer J. Holiday details his inhale/exhale problems. Produced by The Underdogs, who have worked with Marques Houston and Tyrese to name a few, the record has a mid-tempo vibe but feels very recycled. Interesting how Holiday admits his breathing issue after he gets his women to Bed. His debut album, Back Of My Lac, drops on October 2nd.
Written by DJ Z on 08/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.