As a true virtuoso in the sack (or, at least, a virtuoso of singing about being a virtuoso in the sack), J. Holiday has the skill and versatility to give a woman what she needs, when she needs it – whether you’re looking to experience the sensual equivalent of a rollercoaster ride or to simply Float Away on a cloud of blissful relaxation, the D.C. native’s got you covered. On his latest mixtape leak, Holiday concentrates on the latter, assuring his girl that he’s got what it takes to make all her cares dissolve into thin air. With beatsmith Mark Henry‘s liquid guitar riffs, cool bass and muted horns as a canvas, the crooner paints a tempting lyrical portrait of “sex on the beach,” before switching gears and offering a freakier, flowed perspective on their activities (as well as phoning room service for some extra towels). Though the singer recently parted ways with Capitol Records, the undiminished seductive powers Holiday showcases here should ensure him a bright future in the game – or have I got it twisted? Those who like what they’re hearing can find plenty more where this came from on M.I.A. The Lost Pages , set to drop Feb. 28.
Written by richard on 02/15/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.