As a true virtuoso in the sack (or, at least, a virtuoso of singing about being a virtuoso in the sack), J. Holiday has the skill and versatility to give a woman what she needs, when she needs it – whether you’re looking to experience the sensual equivalent of a rollercoaster ride or to simply Float Away on a cloud of blissful relaxation, the D.C. native’s got you covered. On his latest mixtape leak, Holiday concentrates on the latter, assuring his girl that he’s got what it takes to make all her cares dissolve into thin air. With beatsmith Mark Henry‘s liquid guitar riffs, cool bass and muted horns as a canvas, the crooner paints a tempting lyrical portrait of “sex on the beach,” before switching gears and offering a freakier, flowed perspective on their activities (as well as phoning room service for some extra towels). Though the singer recently parted ways with Capitol Records, the undiminished seductive powers Holiday showcases here should ensure him a bright future in the game – or have I got it twisted? Those who like what they’re hearing can find plenty more where this came from on M.I.A. The Lost Pages , set to drop Feb. 28.
Written by richard on 02/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.